We spent an afternoon teaching Alijah how to ride a bike using a method we learned by watching a Bike New York video on the easiest way to do it (they're a non-profit bicycle organization in NYC.) Basically, you remove the pedals and let them get comfortable just scooting around with their feet and getting their balance by pulling their feet up. Once they have that down, you put the pedals back on with the knowledge that they already know how to balance.
It worked great, as you can see in the video. He went from not knowing how to do it, to pedaling on his own, probably within an 60-90 minutes!
Yep - we are giving away an iPhone 5 to one lucky Gear Live reader as soon as the device launches, and we've got all the details on how to enter below. Hot on the heels of us giving away five iPad 2 tablets, we are set to bring you the newest Apple smartphone. Now, of course, Apple has yet to even formally announce the iPhone 5, but we all know it's coming, and that it should be announced before the end of the month. That said, we do have a few strong rumors about the device:
- iPhone 5 will be thinner, lighter, with 8 megapixel camera
- iPhone 5 set for Sprint and T-Mobile
- Is this what the iPhone 5 will look like?
- The first public photo taken with an iPhone 5?
- Sprint to offer iPhone 5 with unlimited data
This giveaway is made possible by Decide.com, which has just launched its new mobile phone section, which helps you track the latest news around smartphones and provides advice on when you should buy or wait on a purchase. Use the widget below to enter--we've got a bunch of options available to allow you to rack up a bunch of bonus entries, and the widget will allow you to track them all. You can enter once per day until 11:59 PM PST on September 19th, and if the iPhone 5 isn't released and available by September 30 and you don't wanna wait, you can opt to select another gadget up to $500 in price.
Wanna win a 32 GB Apple iPad 2? We'll we've got a few to give away to our readers across the network of Gear Live sites, starting right here on the flagship. We've teamed up with Vonage to offer the giveaway of the iPad 2 (or a $700 Apple gift card, if you prefer) along with $15 in iTunes credit that can be used with the new Vonage Time to Call app. We've got a few ways for you to enter, allowing up to four entries per person.
Here are the ways to enter:
- Follow the Gear Live Twitter account and post this tweet: “Hey @gearlive hook me up with that iPad 2! http://gear.lv/e-ipad2contest” (Click here to tweet this now)
- Like Gear Live on Facebook and leave a comment on our wall
- Subscribe to the Gear Live YouTube Channel
- Leave a comment on this post
- Do all four, and your entries are doubled!
Timeframe: The contest ends on September 2nd, 2011. A winner chosen using Random.org.
Eligibility: The contest is open to residents of the US and Canada.
Prize: The one winner will receive a 32 GB Apple iPad 2 (or a $700 Apple Gift Card) and $15 iTunes credit.
Here at Gear Live, we love us some Slacker. If you don’t know, Slacker is a fantastic streaming music service. It has millions of songs in its catalogue, and real DJs actually control their channels, which means you get a great mix of songs that go well together, rather than something put together by an algorithm. While Slacker is free, they also have a couple of upgraded services - Slacker Radio Plus, and the newly released Slacker Premium Radio. This typically costs $10 a month:
- Play songs, artists, albums on-demand
- Custom playlists
- Unlimited Skips
- Unlimited Song Requests
- No Audio or Banner Ads
- Complete Lyrics
- Over 2 Million Songs
- Cache stations to smartphones for offline listening
- ABC News and headline news updates for any station
- "Peek Ahead" artist and album previews
We said this would be big, so here’s what we're gonna do - we are going to give away 10 one-year subscriptions to Slacker Premium Radio. How do you enter? Easy:
- Follow the Gear Live Twitter account
- On Twitter, post this tweet about our contest: “Hey @gearlive hook me up with @SlackerRadio Premium! http://gear.lv/slackerpremium” (Click here to tweet this now)
Want a bonus entry? Subscribe to Gear Live on YouTube! We will select ten random entrants on July 1 - good luck!
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.